Sunday, July 31, 2011

One Orthodox Church for Every Country- Bahamas to Burundi



These are all churches that currently hold Orthodox services. If I can't find evidence of a church that holds regular services (house churches count), then the country does not have an Orthodox Church listed. I have included Oriental Orthodox Churches. If you know of a country with an Orthodox Church that I have missed or overlooked, please let me know. 



Bahamas
Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church, Nassau



Bahrain
St Mary's Indian Orthodox Cathedral, Manama



Bangladesh
Due to the Portuguese influence in Bangladesh, the majority of Christians there are Roman Catholic.
 I can find no evidence thus far of any Orthodox Christians. 
Please pray for an Orthodox Church in Bangladesh! 



Barbados
St Paul Ethiopian Orthodox Church



Belarus
Church of St Sophia of Slutsk, Minsk



Belgium
Orthodox Church of the Holy Apostle and Evangelist Matthew, Leuven



Belize



Benin
The majority of Christians in Benin are Roman Catholic. 
I can find no evidence thus far of any Orthodox Christians. 
Please pray for an Orthodox Church in Benin!



Bhutan
There are approx. 15,000 Christians in Bhutan. I am unable to find evidence of any Christian Church operating in Bhutan, as Christians are only allowed to worship in their own homes. 
Please pray for the Bhutanese Christians!



Bolivia
 Santa Maria y San Marcos Church



Bosnia and Herzegovina 
Cathedral of the Nativity of the Theotokos, Sarajevo



Botswana
They're also looking for pictures of the church.



Brazil
Church of St Zinaida the Martyr, Rio de Janeiro



Brunei
The majority of Christians in Brunei are Roman Catholic. 
I can find no evidence thus far of any Orthodox Christians.
 Living as a Christian in Brunei is extremely difficult. 
Please pray for the Bruneian Christians!



Bulgaria
St Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, Sofia



Burkina Faso
Please pray for an Orthodox Church in Burkina Faso!



Burma
The majority of Christians in Burma are Protestant.
 I can find no evidence of Orthodox Christians in Burma.
 Living as a Christian in Burma is extremely difficult. 
Please pray for the Burmese Christians!




Burundi
I can find no evidence of an Orthodox Church in Burundi. 
Please pray for a Burundian Orthodox Church!

3 comments:

  1. I and my family is the member of Anglican Church in Bangladesh. When I was in Sydney (2007-10) I join church prayer to Orthodox Church in Todman Avenue. I'm very inspired. How I establish a Orthodox Church in Bangladesh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the best way is to contact Grek Orthodox church from Australia. They are doing missionary work and they can provide not only advise but also books and maybe a priest maybe help you to become a priest. I know they are true, humble, orthodox. (i an not greek but i am orthodox )

      Delete
  2. I met the Orthodox Bishop of Burundi and Rwanda Bishop Innokentios who is African (I believe from Uganda) when I was at St. Nicholas Orthodox Cathedral in Namungoona, Uganda. There is definitely an Orthodox presence in Burundi

    ReplyDelete