Thursday, August 4, 2011

One Orthodox Church for Every Country- Laos to Luxembourg


These are all churches that currently hold Orthodox services. If I can't find evidence of a church that holds regular services (house churches count), then the country does not have an Orthodox Church listed. I have included Oriental Orthodox Churches. If you know of a country with an Orthodox Church that I have missed or overlooked, please let me know. 



Laos
I can find no evidence of an Orthodox Church in Laos. 
It is extremely hard for Christians in Laos to practice their faith.
Please pray for the Laotian Christians!






Latvia
Sts Boris and Gleb Cathedral, Daugavpils 
This is the largest Orthodox Church in Latvia. 






Lesotho
I cannot find any evidence of an Orthodox Church in Lesotho.
Lesotho falls under the Archdiocese of the Cape of Good Hope which is under the Patriarch of Alexandria. Please pray for an Orthodox Church in Lesotho!



Liberia
I cannot find any evidence of an Orthodox Church in Liberia. 
Please pray for a Liberian Orthodox Church!



Libya
Cathedral of St George, Tripoli



Liechtenstein
I cannot find any evidence of an Orthodox Church in Liechtenstein.
Liechtenstein is under the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Switzerland which is under the Patriarch of Constantinople.
Please pray for an Orthodox Church in Liechtenstein!






Lithuania
Our Lady of the Sign Church, Vilnius



Luxembourg
St Peter and Paul Orthodox Church, Luxembourg City
First Orthodox Church in Luxembourg!









Final Note: I'm thinking that there is probably an Orthodox Church in Lesotho, though I can't find a record of one. If there is an Orthodox Church in Liechtenstein, it's going to be really hard to find. Any help I could get on this would be appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment