Tuesday, August 9, 2011

One Orthodox Church for Every Country- Nagorno-Karabakh to Norway





These are all churches that currently hold Orthodox services. If I can't find evidence of a church that holds regular services (house churches count), then the country does not have an Orthodox Church listed. I have included Oriental Orthodox Churches. If you know of a country with an Orthodox Church that I have missed or overlooked, please let me know. 



Note: I suppose it's my own fault for counting Abkhazia and Kosovo as countries when their status is iffy. I will continue to include all disputed sovereign states (argh this means I have to include Northern Cyprus), but I will refrain from including micronations.



Nagorno-Karabakh 
Ghazanchetsots Cathedral (Cathedral of Christ the Holy Savior), Shusa



Namibia 
Coptic Orthodox Church, Windhoek



Nauru
I cannot find any evidence of an Orthodox Church in Nauru. 
Please pray for an Orthodox Church here!



Nepal
Please pray for the growing church in Nepal!



Netherlands
St Nectarios Church, Eindhoven



New Zealand
Serbian Orthodox Church of the Holy King Milutin, Auckland



Nicaragua
I cannot find any evidence of an Orthodox Church in Nicaragua.
Please pray for an Orthodox Church here!



Niger
I cannot find any evidence of an Orthodox Church in Niger. 
Please pray for an Orthodox Church here!



Nigeria
Greek Orthodox Church, Lagos


Northern Cyprus
There are many Greek Orthodox Churches in Northern Cyprus, but the churches are regularly looted, torn down, and their parishioners mistreated by the authorities.
Please pray for the Orthodox Church in Northern Cyprus!



North Korea



Norway
Our Saviour's Orthodox Church, Oslo



No comments:

Post a Comment